Q. Why caption sporting events?
A. Because Captions Matter!
Captions make a difference in the lives of the nearly 30 percent of Americans who suffer from mild to severe hearing loss. Many of those individuals are sports fans!
Arena and stadium captioning ensures that Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing fans have equal access to all the facility’s entertainment, communications, and safety announcements. The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) mandates providing equal access to communication to all individuals. Captions help venues and teams at the college and professional level meet the ADA requirements with regard to the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing communities.
Did you know?
- 48 million Americans suffer from some degree of hearing loss
- Hearing loss is the third most common physical condition, after arthritis and heart disease
- The most common cause of hearing loss? Exposure to loud noises and aging
- Degrees of hearing loss are mild, moderate, severe and profoundly Deaf
- Visit the Hearing Loss Association of America for more hearing loss facts
Benefits of Stadium Captioning:
- Safeguards the organization against legal risk. Learn more about ADA Violation Lawsuits here.
- Enhances the fan experiences of 20-30% of the audience
- Creates positive PR and support with the Deaf & Hard-Of-Hearing communities
- Provides a state-of-the-art experience for all fans
Paradigm Captioning Clients:
- Minnesota Wild Hockey
- Minnesota Gophers Football
- Minnesota Vikings Football
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- Minnesota Lynx
- Minnesota United FC
- KARE TV
- Minnesota Legislature
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting
- TPT – Twin Cities Public Television
- Iowa Public Television
- Hennepin County Board of Commissioners
- Minnesota Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Courage Center
- Minnesota Department of Economic Security
- Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Services, Minnesota
- Minnesota Commission Serving Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing
- CSD, Communication Services for the Deaf
- University of Minnesota
- College of St. Catherine
- University of St. Thomas
- Minnesota Satellite Technology (MNSAT)
- Regions Hospital
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Central Lakes Community College